Monday, November 28, 2011

1Q84 and a Nice Walk

Aneta and Ania and I walked up to Knurow to the market in search of Vodka today. We came home empty handed as they didn't have what we were looking for. I did find a Christmas present for Ania though and we had a lovely walk. It was warm and sunny out today and perfect for a nice walk. We had a lovely lunch at Little Toscany - our favorite local restaurant. We enjoyed a cup of hot wine and lasagna before continuing on our walk. Nice break.

We finished 1Q84 today and Aneta thought it had a weird ending. I am sort of missing it now that it is over. This book is very long and has a greet deal of stuff repeated over and over to the point of making the reading somewhat laborious. On the other hand it was something we kept coming back to - probably in the hope that something would actually happen as we read together for a couple of hours. Aneta slept through big chunks of the book but doesn't think she missed a thing! Anyway it was 3,018 pages on the iPad reader with two pages across and about half that with one page vertical. I don't have any idea how long it is in the printed version but I think it is around 1,000 pages. It seems like it took us forever to wade through it but I think I enjoyed it in the final analysis and I didn't think it ended too badly. They all have to end some way and I guess this author did as good a job as any other might have.

Franke and Marion stopped by to see Aneta and Ania early this evening and stayed about an hour. They are lovely people and I wish I could visit with them as I think I would like them very much.

Tomorrow is "girlfriends day" and Aneta has a surprise up her sleeve. Stay tuned.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment